PORK STEAK STROGANOFF
Home Foodie Three
- Heat oil. Meanwhile, season pork with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Brown pork on both sides, about 3 minutes each per side. Remove from heat and transfer to a platter.
- In the same pan, sauté onion until tender. Over medium heat, return pork and its juice into the pan.
- Add stock and thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes or until meat is tender and stock is reduced in half.
- Add cream, season with remaining salt and stir until sauce thickens then toss in pasta.
- Serve pasta on a platter and arrange pork steaks on top.
Makes 5 servings.
- Add spinach or other leafy vegetables to complete the dish.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.