Home Foodie Three
To prepare the crust:
- Dissolve salt and yeast in lukewarm water and let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix with bread flour and 1/2 of the Baker’s Best.
- Knead with the remaining Baker’s Best until smooth and elastic.
- Form into a ball and rest covered in warm dry place until double in bulk (about 1 hour).
- Divide into 8 (200gms) portions and roll into 9″ rounds. Rest for another 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Bake for 15 minutes.
Prepare the sauce:
- Heat up oil in a saucepan and saute onions (and celery for special sauce).
- Add tomato paste, water and seasonings. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- For economical sauce, add cornstarch dispersed in tablespoon water and cook stirring for another minute.
- Spread about 1/4 cup sauce to half baked crust.
- Add 1/2 cup grated cheese and top with ham slices.
- For special pizzas, other topping can be used such as ground beef, Italian sausages, mushrooms, green pepper rings, shrimps, anchovies, etc.
Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes.