- Tongue: Wash ox tongue and place in a pressure cooker* with water, rock salt, pepper and onions. Pressure cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool and remove skin. Slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Reserve 3 cups of the broth.
- In a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Pour sauce on top of ox tongue then cover with pumpkin mixture. Serve.
* In case a pressure cooker is unavailable, cook ox tongue in a stockpot with 6 cups water for 2-2 -1/2 hours. Keep covered until tender.
Makes 10-12 servings.
This dish may be prepared ahead of time. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. To reheat, microwave on high heat for 7 minutes or bake at 400°F or 200°C for 20 minutes.