Lemon Chocolate Loaf
Home Foodie One
- Preheat oven to 175˚ Line bottom of loaf pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all cake ingredients until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- For rum syrup, combine all syrup ingredients in a sauce pan. Boil for 5 minutes. Pour rum syrup over freshly baked cake. Let cool.
- Prepare candied lemon by melting sugar in a pan then adding the lemon slices. Cook over low heat until tender. Remove lemon from syrup and coat with sugar. Cool down before use.
- Unmold loaf and top with candied lemon slices.
Makes 8-10 servings.