GOLDEN LEMON COOKIE WREATHS
Home Foodie Three
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, butter and sugar. Using a pastry cutter, combine mixture until it resembles fine crumbs. Gradually add eggs and rind and continue mixing until it forms a soft dough.
- Transfer to a clean bowl then cover with plastic wrap and let rest in chiller for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out dough and roll into a log, about 6” in length. For each log, press together both ends and create cookie wreaths.
- Place each on a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a clean bowl, whisk powdered sugar, lemon juice and water to make glaze. Pour glaze over cooled cookies. Decorate with gold beads or dragees.
Makes 12-15 servings.