CRISPY PATA TIM
|| PUREFOODS HEAT AND EAT CRISPY PATA, turbo broil or fry according to package directions
|| Chinese cooking rice wine
|| soy sauce
|| star anise
|| cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp water
|3 (300 g)
|| bok choy (Chinese cabbage), trim 1/2 inch off the end
Makes 6 servings.
- In a sauce pot, combine wine, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, star anise and water. Bring to boil, stirring continuously until sugar is dissolved. Lower heat then cover. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture, stirring continuously until sauce thickens. Add bok choy and cook until vegetable turns bright in color. Set aside.
- Place crispy pata on a platter. Arrange bok choy and spoon sauce over or serve sauce on the side.
- Option to use Purefoods Heat and Eat Lechon Kawali.
- Use pechay Tagalog or cabbage as veggie options as well as add shiitake mushrooms for added flavour and extended servings.
- Chinese cooking wine is readily available in condiment aisles and is not expensive.