Home Foodie One
1. Combine onion, ginger, red chili and pound into a paste. Heat oil in a pan, add paste and sauté.
2. Add beef and stir-fry until it turns brown. Add lemon grass and half of coconut cream. Let simmer until sauce is reduced.
3. Add sour cream and turmeric. Let simmer and reduce for a few more minutes.
4. Add remaining coconut cream. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat until beef is tender and sauce is thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a separate pan, melt butter and toast coconut for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle on top of beef rendang.
Makes 3-4 servings.