YELLOW SALTED NOODLES
Home Foodie Three
- Dissolve salt, caustic soda in water and lihia.
- Place flour in a mixer and pour the solution gradually.
- Mix the dough until crumbly.
- Remove the crumbs from the bowl.
- Slightly compress the crumbs, and pass through the noodle roller.
- Check the dough thickness with thickness gauge. Final thickness should be 1.2 + or – 0.05 mm.
- Cut out 3 pieces of dough sheet using the square cutter (5”x5”). This will be the color measurement.
- Pass the remaining dough sheet thru the cutter and slit into noodle strands using regular slitter.
- Cut the noodle strands into the required length and pack or cover.
For Fresh Noodle:
- Boil 1000 ml water. Cook the noodle in the boiling water for 1 minute.
- Rinse the cooked noodle in tap water for 20 seconds.
- Coat the noodle with oil.