TERRIE’S SAYOTE PAPAYA CUSTARD FUDGE & LOLLIPOP
Home Foodie Three
Preheat oven 350F.
- In a sauce pan, combine grated sayote & grated green papaya with 1 cup fresh milk. Let simmer over slow-medium heat for 3-5 mins. Drain then set aside.
- Combine all purpose flour, salt, vanilla powder and grated cheese. Set aside.
- In a stainless mixing bowl, cream butter using electric mixer from slow-medium to high speed. Add brown sugar and continue beating until well blended.
- Stir in sayote-papaya mixture then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture and condensed milk. Mix well.
- Spread into a greased rectangular 16 x 12 x 1 ½ inch baking pan, lined with bake paper or aluminum foil.
- Top with cashew nuts or peanuts (if desired).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done. Let it cool.
- Cut into bars, or using a cookie cutter cut into fun shapes. Insert a Popsicle stick for a lollipop effect. Wrap in Christmas bags.