SESAME BEEF SKEWERS WITH THAI SALAD
Home Foodie Three
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, bean sprouts, bell peppers, cilantro and basil. Set aside.
- Place the beef slices in a bowl with the sesame oil together with salt and pepper. Stir well to coat. Thread the beef onto soaked skewers.
- Preheat a grill pan on medium high heat. Grill beef skewers for 2-3 minutes each side until charred and cooked through.
- To make the dressing, place fish sauce, calamansi juice and brown sugar in a bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Serve salad together with the beef skewers. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of beef and onto salad for garnish.
Makes 4 servings.