SAVORY CORN BREAD
Home Foodie Three
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Grease – line – grease a 9″ x 9″ x 2″ baking pan. Set aside.
- Pan fry bacon until crispy. Drain bacon. Reserve cooked bacon and 6 tbsps. of bacon fat. In a skillet, melt butter and saute” bell pepper. Cool.
- Mix flour, polenta, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk milk, cream, eggs, chopped spring onions, cream style corn, bacon and bacon fat.
- Whisk liquid ingredient mixture into the dry ingredient mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Pour on prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes.