Home Foodie One
- Combine flour, baking powder, yeast, salt and sugar. Set aside
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients. Knead for 2 minutes. Add the shortening. Knead until all ingredients until well incorporated and fully develop. Rest dough for at least an hour.
- After 1 hour of resting. Cut and scale into 300g rounds. Form dough into logs. Rest for another 1 hr. Cut and scale dough into 30g portions. Line with baking paper. Proof for 15 minutes.
- Steam for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut buns in half. Spread hoisin sauce at bottom side, fill with slices of cucumbers and leeks. Brush ham with pineapple anise sauce and fill inside mantao buns.
Makes 60 servings.