LENGUA CON CHIKA
Home Foodie One
- In a pot, place tongue, peppercorns, bay leaf, celery, salt, carrot, onion, garlic, Worcestershire and enough water to cover meat.
- Simmer over medium heat until tongue is tender.
- Drain and reserve stock for the gravy.
- Slice the tongue and arrange on a platter. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add in flour to make a roux.
- Pour in broth and stir until smooth.
- Simmer over medium heat and add in cheese and cream.
- Simmer until thick and pour on top of the tongue.
- Serve immediately.