BEEF SHORT RIB ALA POBRE
Home Foodie One
- In a large stockpot, combine short rib, onion, garlic, peppercorns, laurel, ginger, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook beef until fork tender. Skim off scum and oil. Let cool.
- Transfer cooked beef to a strainer. Strain stock and set aside.
To make gravy sauce:
- Heat butter on a medium saucepan.
- When melted, pour in flour mix until dry.
- Pour in beef stock, worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. Continue to mix until no lumps are formed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat sizzling plate until smoking hot.
- Immediately add cooked beef and pour in gravy sauce.
- Garnish with a lot of garlic chips, spring onions and mushroom. Serve immediately.
Makes 3 -4 servings.