Home Foodie Three
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the vegetables and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add beef and simmer, stirring frequently to break up the lumps. Add red wine, tomatoes and tomato paste. Season with oregano and allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Add stock.
- Add parsley then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and cook stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Add milk gradually, whisking vigorously after each addition. Bring to a boil and cook stirring until smooth.
- Add nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1/3 of Bolognese over the bottom of the baking dish. Spread about 3/4 cup of white sauce on top of Bolognese, followed by 4 sheets of lasagne. Repeat 2 times then cover top layer with remaining white sauce. Sprinkle parmesan and quickmelt on top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until pasta feels tender when pierced with a knife. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 10 servings.
*Beef stock: make by dissolving beef cubes or by boiling beef bones